Friday, May 20, 2005

You can put that on the board.

Das what I'm talkin' 'bout. You know. Freddy Garcia continues to show his inexplicable preference for the day game. Not that I have a problem with that. Today.

Freddy's been about what I expected this season, though I am troubled by his low strikeout rate. For his career, Garcia averages about 6.9K/9IP; this year he's averaging about 5.7K/9IP. He only had three strikeouts against the Cubbies in seven innings (am I complaining again? I swear I do it without noticing.).

It's nice to take the opener in Wrigley, especially since Jose Contreras is up against Carlos Zambrano tomorrow. I don't have a good feeling about that one. Then again, Zambrano has been pretty average this season.

No matter what the Twins do tonight, they'll still be comfortably behind in the standings, and that's always nice. Now if the Twins could just go on a, say, ten game losing streak, it'd really make my fortnight.

But they won't. They aren't very nice, those Twins.

I blame Brad Radke.

Because no one ever blames Brad Radke.