Thursday, March 19, 2009

Open Thread/Comments for NCAA Day One

I'll throw this out there in case anyone wants to brag about incredibly insightful picks, or whine about how their bracket's already blown.

I'm taking a pretty high amount of satisfaction out of Memphis trailing CS-Northridge in the second half. If that were to hold........
***
.... and within minutes of typing that, it goes from a 6-point deficit to a 10-point lead for Memphis. Oh, to see Calipari lose in the first round... ah well...
***
Three games down, and I'm 2-1 since Butler laid an egg against LSU. My twin 7-year-olds are 3-0 so far. Ah, the wisdom of NOT over-thinking...
***
Seven games down. As expected, top seeds roll, including Psycho "oh-my-god-he's-so-great-he-broke-another-record-today" T and the holes.

I'm 6-1... twins are now 7-0. We both took Mississippi State, which is the first game that should weed quite a few people down a bit. I just don't buy the Pac-10 or Big-10, and I picked for them to go down quickly...
***
Clemson looks horrid so far, trailing Michigan by 3 midway through the first half. They've missed their last 10 shots, half of which are piss-poor 3-point guns by Oglesby. I'm actually glad that kid doesn't play for us - he'd drive me f'ing crazy. I mean, he's ice-cold, and he's still firing contested 23-footers... wtf?
***
Oglesby gets tossed for throwing a weak elbow... awfully strong punishment for no contact... but the only chance Clemson had was to get him out of the game... he was shooting them out of it. 2 to go, Clemson down 6. Thanks for nothing, guys...
***
Clemson indeed goes down, playing an abysmal game and losing to a team that would've had a losing record in the ACC. Dook up big on Binghamton. And VCU's not helping me out so far... they look overmatched against UCLA. Thankfully, at least WKU's looking strong so far against Illinois.

More tomorrow...