Monday, June 26, 2006

Pair Of Commitments

Sidney Lowe has landed one of the best juniors in North Carolina: Johnny Thomas.

"I had it down to NC State and Virginia Tech, and I committed to NC State," said Thomas. "They are similar schools in regards to academics, and the only thing that will be different is how they play the game. I just felt I would fit NC State better and with them being in-state I think it was a better fit for me.

"The deciding factor was that I could fit in the program at State. Another big factor was coach Lowe. He's a great guy. I enjoyed being around him. I got to sit down and talk to him and get to know and him and he's the type of guy that I would fit in well with."

The football team, meanwhile, picked up a verbal from Justin Whaley, an offensive lineman from Wilson, NC.