Tuesday, August 23, 2005

BlogPoll Released

BlogPoll -- Week One (also viewable in Ye Olde Sidebar ---> )

It's not just the poll, of course. Brian hands out the first round of awards and dubious distinctions, which I can already tell is going to make for some good times over the course of the season.

All submissions are viewable here. The pre-season BlogPoll is not without its "huh?" submissions, so maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on that N&O guy. But giving him a break wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.

I like how the poll came out, although in a few cases it varies a lot from my ballot. NC State garnered more respect from the BlogPoll than from either of those other polls, and I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people who voted for the Wolfpack.

Twelve voters (including me) gave NCSU a spot on their ballots, typically in the 23-25 range. Sporting Fools went so far as to rank NC State 17th; I'm hoping they look brilliant by late September or thereabouts.

I felt a little guilty throwing NC State in at #24, but then I saw The Enlightened Spartan's ballot, which shamelessly ranks Michigan State 17th, three spots above rival Michigan. He gets the Joe Giglio Award for feloniously ignoring reality.